I have been trying to decide a tough decision that I will be facing in the future, Vallejo Paints or Citadel?
In my newbish hobby stages I always though that because GW made great models, they must make great tools, paints ect, if I had known that back then I would have a huge amount of money saved. I recently bought 6 Vallejo paint along with my gretchin and I have realized that Vallejo paint are the same, if not BETTER than Citadel paints.
Here are my reasons for using Citadel
- The pots are quite useful as I am not a fan of pallets
- There are a bulk of tutorial on the forums, Youtube and GW website that use GW paint, these tutorials would become useless if I were to choose Vallejo
- They offer great postage time (under 2 weeks)
- Guaranteed results from the eavy’ metal team
The Reasons for using Vallejo:
- MUCH more affordable than the Citadel range ($6 Citadel-$2.52 Vallejo)
- More paint in the bottle (Citadel 15ml-Vallejo 16ml)
- Less brush strokes when applying paint to smooth surfaces
- A lot more paint in the line than Citadels, meaning less paint mixing
- Plenty of ranges; Model Color, Game Color, Washes, and Model Air
- Holds onto the plastic better than the Citadel paints
I will be making my decision very soon and will need your help for converting. I think its best to stick with one line of paint than two at once.
So what’s your opinion on this matter, I will be pacing a poll on the blog if people want to help me decide.
Bye for now,